Features And Finishes
DISTINCTIVE HOUSE EXTERIORS
- CUSTOM-DESIGNED HOUSE EXTERIORS - ARCHITECTURALLY SELECTED.
- DISTINCTIVE ELEVATIONS UTILIZING CLAY BRICK, STUCCO, PRECAST STONE, WOOD, VINYL, ALUMINUM and other unique materials, as per plan.
- SOLDIER COURSING, ARCHES, KEYSTONE AND MASONRY DETAILING IN BRICK AND PRECAST STONE as per elevations.
- LOW MAINTENANCE-ALUMINUM SOFFIT, FASCIA, EAVESTROUGHS, AND DOWNSPOUTS.
- LUXURY MAINTENANCE FREE LOW-E ARGON WHITE VINYL CASEMENT OR THERMO GLAZED FIXED WINDOWS THROUGHOUT excluding basement windows.
- Entire front and back of lot to be graded and sodded.
- Two FREEZE RESISTANT exterior water taps- one in garage and one at the rear (location to be determined by Vendor).
- UPGRADED SELF-SEALING ROOF SHINGLES which include a manufacturer's 30 YEAR WARRANTY.
- Precast concrete walks to front entry from driveway and precast concrete slabs at rear sliding patio door at walkout as per plan.
- Covered front porch as per applicable plan.
- ROLL-UP SECTIONAL GARAGE DOOR WITH ARCHITECTURAL WINDOW FEATURES as per plan.
- WINDOWS ON FRONT ELEVATIONS TO HAVE TRANSOM WINDOWS, AS PER APPLICABLE PLAN.
- POURED CONCRETE FOUNDATION WALLS.
- QUALITY ELEGANT HARDWARE WITH SECURITY DEADBOLT ON FRONT ENTRY.
- Exterior light fixtures included.
- All exterior wood trim (where applicable) is primed and painted.
- Driveway surface to be base and top coated by Vendor at Purchaser's expense (subject to construction schedule).
- Poured concrete front porch as per plan.
- Poured concrete garage floor.
- COLD ROOM in basement, if grade permits, as per plan.
- DIRECT INSULATED ACCESS DOOR FROM GARAGE TO HOUSE WITH DEADBOLT AND CLOSER if grade permits and as per plan. Location of doors may vary to accommodate grade conditions.
- Services included: paved roads, sanitary and storm sewers, individual water connections.
- Metal railing at rear main floor Sliding Patio door(s) on walk-out lots.
INNOVATIVE INTERIOR FEATURES
- All HOMES TO HAVE APPROXIMATELY NINE FOOT (9') HIGH CEILINGS ON MAIN FLOOR (subject to heating/plumbing bulkhead requirements) and eight foot (8') high ceilings on the second floor.
- Applicable to the 46 series: MAIN STAIRCASE TO SECOND FLOOR, as per plan, to be OAK WITH NATURAL FINISH. Stairway railing to be mounted on NATURAL OAK NOSING in platformed areas, as per plan.
- Applicable to the 50 & 60 series: MAIN STAIRCASE TO SECOND FLOOR, as per plan, to be OAK WITH STAINED FINISH, stain to be chosen from builder's standard. Stairway railing to be mounted on STAINED OAK NOSING in platformed areas, as per plan.
- Applicable to the 46 series: ELEGANT SOLID OAK UPGRADED 3" HANDRAIL AND 1 3/4" PICKETS WITH NATURAL FINISH (main to second floor).
- Applicable to the 50 & 60 series: Choice of STAINED SOLID OAK UPGRADED 3" HANDRAIL AND 1 3/4" PICKETS stain to be chosen from builders standard or BLACKSTANDARD METAL PICKETS WITH STAINED OAK HANDRAIL from Vendor's standard sample at main staircase.
- Staircase to basement in paint grade pine (as per plan).
- Sprayed, Stippled Ceilings in all rooms, except kitchen, bathroom, laundry room and powder room as per plan.
- Interior walls to be painted one colour with premium quality latex paint.
- All interior doors and trim to be painted cool white.
- COLONIAL STYLE INTERIOR DOORS throughout, except where sliders are indicated, as per plan.
- Applicable to the 46 series: "Aristocrat" 4 1/4" colonial-styled baseboards and 2 3/4" colonial styled window casings.
- Applicable to the 50 & 60 series: QUALITY COLONIAL UPGRADED 5" BASEBOARD AND 3" CASINGWITH INTEGRATED BACKBANDING FOR DOORS AND WINDOWS.
- CHROME STYLE INTERIOR DOOR KNOBS. PAINTED HINGES.
- COFFERED CEILING as per plan.
SUPERIOR KITCHEN, BATHROOMS & LAUNDRY FEATURES
- CUSTOM DESIGNED, FURNITURE FINISH KITCHEN CABINETS AND VANITIES IN A WIDECHOICE OF STYLES.
- TALLER KITCHEN CABINETRY.
- BUILT-IN PANTRIES, SERVERIES, DESKS, BREAKFAST BARS AND KITCHEN ISLANDS as per plan.
- GRANITE KITCHEN COUNTERTOP, (Choice of colour from Vendor's standard, Level 1, Granite) WITH UNDERMOUNT DOUBLE STAINLESS STEEL SINK and WITH SINGLE LEVER PULL-OUT FAUCET from Vendor's Standard sample, as per plan.
- CERAMIC TILE BACKSPLASH in kitchen from Vendor's standard samples.
- Choice of Laminate counter tops in all bathrooms.
- SINGLE LEVER FAUCETS throughout bathrooms (except ensuite soaker tub).
- White two speed hood fan ducted to exterior.
- Low flow aerators on all faucets.
- WATER SAVING TOILETS.
- Low flow shower heads in all showers.
- PRESSURE BALANCE VALVE IN ALL BATH AND SHOWER ENCLOSURES.
- Shut off valves on all sinks and toilets.
- Hot and cold taps for laundry tub.
- Laundry room to include LAUNDRY TUB ENCLOSED IN BUILDER'S STANDARD CABINET and dryer vent to exterior (location may vary) as per applicable plan.
- 8" X 10" CERAMIC WALL TILE UP TO CEILING ON BATHTUB ENCLOSURES.
- "DensShield Tile Backer" (36" HIGH) ON SEPARATE SHOWER ENCLOSURE WALL(S) as per applicable plan.
- MIRROR above sink(s) IN ALL BATHROOMS.
- SOAKER TUB OR CORNER TUB IN ENSUITE BATHROOM as per plan.
- Applicable to the 46 series: SHOWER ENCLOSURE with CEILING LIGHT in master ensuite bathroom as per plan.
- Applicable to the 50 & 60 series: Framed Glass Shower Enclosure with CEILING LIGHT in master ensuite bathroom as per plan.
- Where ensuite includes separate shower, ensuite soaker or corner tub will have a deck-mounted faucet and a ceramic tile surround and backsplash of two rows (otherwise ensuite will include regular bathtubs)
- WHITE PEDESTAL SINK IN POWDER ROOM as per plans.
- White ceramic accessories in all bathrooms.
- Exhaust fan in all bathrooms.
- Quality white plumbing fixtures in all bathrooms from builder's samples.
- Privacy locks on all bathroom doors.
HIGH QUALITY FLOORING FEATURES
- Applicable to the 46 series : 3/4" X 2 1/4" NATURAL PREFINISHED STRIP OAK HARDWOOD FLOOR on all main floor non-tiled areas from Vendor's standard samples.
- Applicable to the 50 & 60 series: 3/4" X 2 1/4" STAINED PREFINISHED STRIP OAK HARDWOOD FLOOR on all main floor non-tiled areas from Vendor's standard samples.
- CERAMIC FLOOR TILE IN FRONT MAIN ENTRY, POWDER ROOM, LAUNDRY ROOM (if applicable), KITCHEN AND BATHROOM as per plans from Vendor's samples.
- QUALITY 40 OZ BROADLOOM IN ALL SECOND FLOOR FINISHED NON-TILED AREAS (as per plan).
- QUALITY UNDERPAD IN ALL BROADLOOM AREAS.
- ALL SUBFLOOR SHEATHING TO BE SCREWED TO FLOOR JOISTS AND JOINTS SANDED PRIOR TO FINISHED FLOOR INSTALLATION.
- SPRUCE PLYWOOD SUBFLOORS.
LIGHTING AND ELECTRICAL FEATURES
- 100 AMP automatic circuit breakers with heavy duty copper wiring.
- ONE EXTERIOR WATERPROOF ELECTRICAL OUTLET AND ONE ELECTRICAL OUTLET IN GARAGE.
- ELECTRIC DOOR CHIME WITH DOORBELL AT FRONT ENTRY.
- WHITE DECORA SWITCHES & PLUGS THROUGHOUT.
- One smoke detector on every floor.
- CO Detector on bedroom floors only.
- ELECTRICAL LIGHT FIXTURES TO BE INSTALLED in DINING ROOM, FAMILY ROOM, KITCHEN, POWDER ROOM, MAIN AND ENSUITE BATHROOMS AND ALL BEDROOMS. EXCLUDING LIVING ROOM.
- Heavy duty cable and outlet for stove and dryer with dryer vent.
- Electrical outlet conveniently located in the garage ceiling for future garage door opener(s).
- Ground fault interruptor protection in all bathroom(s) and powder room.
- SEASONAL DUPLEX RECEPTACLE located under front porch with interior switch.
- One electrical outlet in unfinished area of basement at electrical panel.
ENERGY EFFICIENT FEATURES
- Insulation in full conformity with the Ontario Building Code for conservation of energy.
- HIGH EFFICIENCY FORCED AIR DIRECT VENT NATURAL GAS FURNACE COMPLETE WITH ELECTRONIC IGNITION.
- Gas fired hot water tank on rental.
- Thermostat centrally located on main floor.
- HIGH QUALITY LOW E ARGON WINDOWS OF THERMOPANE OR DOUBLE GLAZED GLASS, ON ALL FIXED WINDOWS.
- Screens on all opening windows.
- Windows and doors sealed with top quality exterior caulking.
- Front entrance to have metal insulated door with glass insert with weather-stripping, as per applicable plan.
- Gas fireplace complete with glass panel, gas log, ignition switch, with paint grade mantel AND MARBLE SURROUND, from Vendor's standard sample as per plan.
- MAIN ENTRY GRIP SET WITH DEADBOLT LOCK, WITH CUSTOM DESIGNED PRE-CAST STONE MUNICIPAL NUMBER.
- ROUGH-IN FOR CENTRAL AIR CONDITIONING.
- ROUGH-IN FOR TELEPHONE IN KITCHEN, FAMILY ROOM, LIBRARY/HOME OFFICE AND ALL BEDROOMS as per plan.
- ROUGH-IN CABLE TV FOR FAMILY ROOM AND ALL BEDROOMS.
- ROUGH-IN FOR CENTRAL VACUUM.
- ROUGH-IN PLUMBING & ELECTRICAL FOR FUTURE INSTALLATION OF A DISHWASHER IN KITCHEN as per plan.
- Rough-in 3 piece basement bathroom as per plan
- POURED CONCRETE FOUNDATION WALLS WITH HEAVY DUTY DAMP-PROOFING AND WEEPING TILES (excluding garage).
- BASEMENT "WRAP" WATER-PROOFING SYSTEM TO BE INSTALLED ON THE FOUNDATION WALL (excluding garage) to prevent water penetration into basement (as per plan).
- STEEL BEAM CONSTRUCTION IN BASEMENT as per applicable plan.
- QUALITY 2X6 WOOD FRAME EXTERIOR WALL CONSTRUCTION.
- SURVEY PROVIDED AT NO ADDITIONAL COST ON CLOSING.
- SEVEN (7) YEAR TARION PROTECTION PROGRAM FOR MAJOR STRUCTURAL ONLY. Purchaser agrees to pay TARION enrollment fee on closing as an adjustment.
- MADISON HOMES WARRANTY IN ACCORDANCE WITH TARION.
- Purchaser's choice of interior colours and materials from Vendor's samples if not yet ordered, installed or completed, provided that colour and materials are available from supplier and purchaser agrees to select the colour and materials according to the Vendor's schedule, otherwise the Vendor reserves the right to choose the colour and materials to complete the dwelling and the purchaser agrees to close the transaction with the Vendor's choice of colour and materials.
- All plans and specifications are subject to modification from time to time at the sole discretion of the Vendor. The Vendor reserves the right to change the foregoing specifications without notice.
- Purchasers are notified that the number of steps to front entrance, rear entrance, and side entrance, if applicable, may be increased or decreased depending on final grading.
- Purchaser agrees to pay on closing for installation of water meter and hydro installation.
- The Purchaser acknowledges that finishing materials contained in any model home or sales office display, including broadloom, furniture, mirrors, fireplaces, electrical fixtures, drapes, ceramic flooring, vinyl flooring, hardwood flooring, marble flooring, upgraded kitchen cabinets and countertops, stained staircase and railing, painting, wall paper, etc. may be for display purposes only and may not be of the same grade or type, or may not necessarily be included in the dwelling unit purchased herein.
- House types and streetscapes subject to final Architectural approval of the City of Vaughan or Developer's Architectural Control Architect and final siting, and approval of the Vendor's architect.
- IT IS HEREBY UNDERSTOOD AND AGREED by the Purchaser(s) that the stain colour chosen for the stairs, railings, pickets, nosing, hardwood and mantle if applicable, may not be identical to floor samples or to each other due to the many variables that can affect the outcome of a stain colour on wood. Factors such as density, age, humidity, air temperature and the uniqueness of each piece of wood can result in darkness or lightness. The Vendor will make every attempt to come as close to the floor samples and to match the colours as possible but cannot be responsible for results which differ from the samples.
- The Purchaser(s) acknowledge(s) that as granite/marble is a natural product, there may be variances in the colour, pattern and waves within an individual slab of granite/marble or between two different slabs, and accordingly there may be variances in compared to the sample on display at the Décor area. The Purchaser therefore acknowledges this condition and agrees to accept variances in colour, pattern and waves in the granite/marble countertop to be supplied and installed herein.
- Variations from Vendor's samples may occur in exterior materials, finishing materials, kitchen and vanity cabinets, and floor and wall finishes, due to normal production process, availability or site conditions.
- Sheet goods may be seamed under certain conditions.
- Vendor will not allow the purchaser to do any work and/or supply any material to finish dwelling or enter the dwelling, prior to the closing date.
- All outside colours and materials pre-selected by Vendor are architecturally controlled.
- Exterior elevations will be similar to pictures shown, but not necessarily identical. All furniture and landscaping features shown in renderings are not included.
- Siting requirements may require the Vendor to site the dwelling as a reverse model, and the purchaser agrees to accept the same.
- All ceiling heights are approximate and may vary. Some ceiling heights will be dropped to accommodate HVAC, plumbing, venting, electrical, mechanical, insulation, bulkheads and other structural requirements which will result in areas of lower ceiling heights.
- Actual usable floor space may vary from stated floor area. Location of furnace, hot water tank, posts & beams are to be determined by architect and may not be located as shown on brochures and purchaser is deemed to accept same.
- Room dimensions and window configurations may vary with final construction and presentation drawings.
- PRICES TERMS, MATERIALS, SPECIFICATIONS AND CONDITIONS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. THE VENDOR HAS THE RIGHT TO SUBSTITUTE MATERIALS OF EQUAL OR BETTER QUALITY.
E. & O.E. November 27, 2009.